Scott A. TuckerM.D. Request An Appointment
- Rotator Cuff Repairs
- Sports Medicine
- Medical School: Tulane University School of Medicine – New Orleans, LA
- Internship: Tulane Medical Center – New Orleans, LA
- Residency: Tulane Medical Center – New Orleans, LA
- Fellowship: Andrews Institute Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine – Gulf Breeze, FL
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Tulane Orthopaedic Surgery Research Award, Tulane University, 2013
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Association Award, Louisiana Orthoapedic Association, 2008
- Tulane Orthopaedic Surgery Research Award,2013
Dr. Scott Tucker joined Jefferson Orthopedic in 2020. He is a fellowship-trained Sports Medicine Orthopedic Surgeon, having completed specialized training with one of the pioneers of Sports Medicine, Dr. James Andrews. Dr. Tucker treats all orthopedic injuries, with a special interest in sports injuries and degenerative conditions of the shoulder, elbow, and knee.
Dr. Tucker grew up in Old Saybrook, Connecticut and went to the Taft School and then Colby College in Maine. He spent two years working as a research assistant at the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston. After getting married, he and his wife moved to New Orleans where he attended Tulane Medical School. Dr. Tucker completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Tulane, followed by an orthopedic sports medicine fellowship at The Andrews Institute with the world-renown surgeon Dr. James Andrews, one of the premiere surgeons for professional and collegiate athletes. Dr. Tucker worked side-by-side with Dr. Andrews and focused on mastering arthroscopic techniques involving all types of shoulder, elbow, knee and ankle injuries, including Tommy John elbow ligament reconstruction.
Practice Website: www.jeffortho.com